This is a statement of the practices of TVM, Bartlemy, Fermoy, Co. Cork, Ireland in connection with the capture of personal data and the steps taken by TVM to respect your privacy.
TVM fully respects your right to privacy and actively seeks to preserve the privacy rights of those who share information with TVM. Any personal information which you volunteer to TVM will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with Irish and European Data Protection legislation. Personal data will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
The data we collect from you will be used by TVM only in accordance with the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.
The privacy notice explains the following
- The purpose and legal basis for collecting your personal data
- Security of your data?
- Transfers of Data outside the EU
- What are your rights?
- Understanding how you use our website
Types of Cookies we use
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytics – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company never shares this data with third parties for advertising purposes.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in some cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
The purpose and legal basis for collecting your data
TVM will ensure that your data is processed fairly and lawfully in keeping with the principles of data protection.
For our clients we process data:
- In order to provide you with broadcasting facilities, including outside broadcasting, recording, streaming and other audio-visual and sound production requests. We may also need to liaise with other professional service providers in relation to projects or assignments that we are handling on your behalf;
- To collect our fees or costs;
- To comply with our obligations to confirm the identity of clients in compliance with laws and regulations;
- Where required by our insurers and other regulatory authorities including the Revenue Commissioners;
- For regulatory requirements. Legislation requires that some records are processed and retained in a certain manner;
- For your consent – in certain circumstances, will be required for processing your data. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
The legal basis for processing this data is contractual obligations.
Our general retention period for client files is 6 years, with some exceptions where files are required to be held for longer periods.
For our staff, we process data such as name, PPS number, email address, phone number, home address, job description, salary details, leave records and bank details:
- For staff administration including pay, taxation and contracts of employment;
- Processing of personal data and sensitive data, such as references or medical information as required for the purposes of entering a contract of employment or returning to work after illness-related absences or in connection with a legal claim;
- To investigate any accident/security incident;
- For litigation purposes;
- To maintain accurate employment records.
For our business contacts, we process data such as name, email address, job title, telephone numbers, description of business, job role and other business contact information which may be collected from business contacts for legitimate administration, evidential and operational purposes when we make contact details available to our personnel. Personal data is retained for the length of the business relationship.
For our suppliers, we process data such as name, phone number, email address, area of business and other business contact information which may be collected from suppliers to:
- Receive services from our suppliers;
- Provide services to our clients;
- Agree payment arrangements with our suppliers;
- Maintain accurate accounts and records.
Our legal basis for such processing is the performance of the supplier contract.
A general retention period of six years (after the supplier relationship ends) will be applied unless there are any legal or regulatory reasons which requires a longer retention period.
For prospective job applicants, and third parties with a general employment enquiry, we will process such data as name, phone number, email address, area of business, work experience, qualification and education details:
- For administration and processing of work-seekers’ personal data for the purposes of providing work.
The legal basis for processing such data is administration and operational purposes. A general retention period of 1 year will be applied for CVs, interview notes and general work queries.
We share this data with our management system provider and our IT services provider. We may also send you emails through our email service provider. They may only process this data for the purpose of providing us with their services only. We may also share certain parts of this data with our legal advisors, auditors and financial advisors and other external advisory consultants, where applicable.
Security of your data
Any data we collect from you will be stored confidentially and securely. All TVM personnel are subject to strict confidentiality obligations. TVM is committed to ensuring all accesses to, uses of, and processing of personal data is performed in a secure manner, however no security system is entirely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information. When we store your personal data on our systems the data will be stored either on TVM premises or on secure IT platforms.
Transfers of data outside the EU
We will only transfer your personal data to countries which are recognised as providing adequate levels of legal protection and where we are satisfied that arrangements are in place to protect your privacy rights. Remote access to our systems is on authorised devices only and appropriate technical safeguards are applied to protect personal data.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights over the way we process your personal data:
Right of Access
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we are processing about you and to exercise that right easily and at reasonable intervals.
You have the right to withdraw your consent where that is the legal basis of our processing.
You have the right to have inaccuracies in personal data that we hold about you rectified. TVM will act on such requests without undue delay and will endeavour to accede to such requests within 30 days.
You have the right to have your personal data deleted where we no longer have any justification for retaining it subject to exemptions such as the use of pseudonymised data for scientific research.
You have the right to object to processing your personal data if:
- We have processed your data based on a legitimate interest if you believe the processing to be disproportionate or unfair to you.
- The personal data was processed for the purposes of direct marketing or profiling related to direct marketing.
TVM does not use personal data for the purposes of direct marketing
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if:
- You are contesting the accuracy of the personal data;
- The personal data was processed unlawfully;
- You need to prevent the erasure of the personal data in order to comply with legal obligations;
- You have objected to the processing of the personal data and wish to restrict the processing until a legal basis for continued processing has been verified.
Where it is technically feasible you have the right to have a readily accessible machine-readable copy of your data that you have provided to TVM, transferred or moved to another data controller in circumstances where the processing of your data is based on your consent and if that processing is carried out by automated means.
TVM will retain your personal data only for so long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time, for example, employee information. Outside of legislation our retention policy is based on legitimate business rationale.
Our database is restricted to TVM and any information on this database is not shared with third parties without the consent of the candidate. Where TVM have obtained your consent to process your personal and/or sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our privacy procedures and policies. We will retain a record on our database for so long as active and without instruction to the contrary. This does not affect your rights as laid out above. Where legitimate business rationale is the legal basis for processing, we will only retain the information that is necessary in the pursuit of a legitimate interest – excessive information will not be retained. Once a record is considered inactive, we will no longer retain your information. If you wish to keep your record active, please ensure that you maintain contact with TVM and that you provide regular up to date information. You can withdraw consent for retention at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries relating to the processing of your personal data for the purposes outlined above or you wish to make a request in relation to your rights, you can contact: email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with the information we have provided to you in relation to the processing of your data you can also make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner via the link in their website Making a Complaint to the DPC.